Friday, June 13, 2008

Colin Powell may vote for Obama!

It looks like it's time to burn your copies of Colin Powell's bestselling memoir, An American Soldier. In a speech yesterday, the former REPUBLICAN secretary of state, said he may vote for Obama in 2008 because "he is the candidate who is best equipped to solve the problems of the 21st century". Looks like someone has been reading my blog! So, dear readers, how do you feel about yet another republican voting democrat? Can't wait for your thoughts and comments......
P.S. President Bill Clinton was the graduation speaker at Garrett and Matt's old school, Riviera Hall, yesterday! What an amazing world we live in.

3 Comments:

At June 13, 2008 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Garrett said...

Powell is still smarting over the UN debacle, if it weren't for that maybe he would have gotten in the race, he could've gotten the nomination.

Love his fiscal conservative and social liberal policies, his views are very similar to mine.

 
At June 13, 2008 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

I read Powells comments on Drudge and he did say he "may" vote for Obama. I would be stunned if he did. My bet is he will vote for McCain when it comes right down to it. As far as Reps. crossing over to vote of BHO..................my thought is there will be alot of political spin from both parties on who they may or may not vote for. In the end will we really know. The way Washington runs whatever candidate is going to be the most beneficial to them and their political careers will get their vote!! Very sad indeed. Love ya, Susan

P.S. I guess Mrs. Bill Clinton didn't need her husbands shoulder to cry anymore what with him being at Malaga Cove. I wonder if Monica was there.......... :)

 
At June 13, 2008 at 9:23 PM , Blogger Grandma Dee said...

OH, my golly. I read in the LA Times about Billie being in the South Bay, but I did not realize it was Riviera Hall ( the place where really cool, successful, and politically savvy people come from). I predicted and told you that I heard Powell very early on mention that he was considering voting for Obama. It is not a race thing, but, rather, an ethical vote. I guarantee that he will vote Obama. Now, if we can just get tickets to hear Obama v. McCain at the Reagan Library. Nancy invited them both to debate there. Yippee - I am emailing them now.
Love,
Grandma Dee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home