Friday, May 23, 2008

The assassination card

"Every time I think I'm out they pull me back in!"

It is not fun to beat a dead horse, I have no desire to kick a woman when she is down (even one wearing a yellow pantsuit) but sometimes the horse, or the woman, reaches out and bites you on your ankles. Today Hillary said she is staying in the race because RFK was assassinated in June. Now, of course Hillary apologized and came out saying she did not mean anything by it, I was thinking about the Kennedy's, I was chipping golf-balls with Kato, I made a mistake, etc.

But I have a theory that this was no mistake, no off-the-cuff meandering about political history. It was a planned tactical hit that accomplished the goal of introducing into the conversation the idea that Barrack may be assassinated. Just like the infamous 3 a.m. advertisement that had NOTHING to do with national security: if you think I am wrong tell me how many sleeping white children were killed in their homes by terrorist. Chris Matthews talks about the "dog whistle" theory in politics. What are they putting out there that we are not hearing? Team HRC had to get this idea out in the open so people will discuss the possibility of an assassination. It accomplished it's goal, we are talking about it.

I have watched her comments and she knows exactly what she was is doing. Hillary is the most disciplined campaigner in modern times. Nothing she says or does is spontaneous or off-the-cuff. If you don't believe me, Hillary will buy you a shot and beer! Next stop-Hooters

8 Comments:

At May 23, 2008 at 4:30 PM , Blogger Garrett said...

Good take on this one. One of the most fun things about presidential campaigns is that you never know what is going to come out but stuff always does. What was her strategy in doing it on a Friday before a holiday weekend though? That aside, this was one of the more offensive things I have heard because this will seriously hurt Michelle Obama, and his family and tear open the wounds for Bobby Kennedys numerous children.

What a bitch Hillary is!

 
At May 23, 2008 at 4:38 PM , Blogger dole2obama said...

Big guy-
Tasha told me it was O.K to post comments about the comments on your blog so here goes:
JFK had a phrase, "plausible denialability," and the Clintons have mastered this. Plausible denialability, you gotta love it.
P.S. watch your language on my blog!

 
At May 23, 2008 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Garrett said...

I could have flushed my bad language down the "memory hole" but let me apologize to Dodger who I didn't intend to compare Hillary to. Dodger would never deliberatly cause hurt and anxiety to Michelle Obama or RFK's kids.


P.S. For those people who don't know, Dodger is my 11 year old FEMALE chocolate labrador.

 
At May 24, 2008 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Grandma Dee said...

I will comment no further: She is just EVIL!
-Denise

 
At May 25, 2008 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

I think Ronald Reagan hit the nail on the head when he said, "It has been said that politics is the second-oldest profession. I have learned it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

Serenity Now...out

 
At May 25, 2008 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

I have a bit of a different spin on the comment made by Mrs. Bill Clinton with regard to the RFK assassination. While I find it highly offensive and beyond the pale of dirty politics I do find a couple of thing's very interesting. Hillary made the exact comment several months ago. However at that time she was the media darling and no one wanted to report anything that may damage her. Now as we know she has been thrown under the tracks by the same media that adored her not so long ago. The media is now on the fast train with Obama. So NOW the remark becomes bigger than life. Quite amazing how quickly one can fall from the comforting arms of the national media and willing accomplices. On side note I did listen to RFK Jr. (who supports Hillary for President) and he was not offended by the remarks that Hillary made. He said he understood the high energy of the race and he would continue to stand by H.C. Pretty amazing. love ya, Susan

P.S. I haven't had access to a computer that much lately but do hope to answer some more blogs and oh yes the e mail you sent about W.

 
At May 26, 2008 at 10:38 AM , Blogger dole2obama said...

Susan-
It has nothing to do with who the media likes/dislikes. HRC made the previous comments to a reporter with NO video and it only appeared in print. HRC recent comments were captured on video. It was put out for people to judge her comments and her reactions with their own eyes.

 
At May 26, 2008 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

Matt:

I respectfully agree to disagree with you as far as the media. The reporter would have run with this story in a New York second several months ago if he or she thought the climate was right to serve H.C. up to the lions. My understanding is that it appeared in Time magazine but no one wanted touch it as H.C. was still the darling of the media. How quickly the tide turns. Love ya, Susan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home