Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Going off the grid aint easy

OK, I have a confession to make...........I was unable to fully go off the grid this past weekend and live in an electronic free world. If I was student, I would not have work responsibilities, and it would be MUCH easier to ignore my ringing cell phone at 7:30 am on Saturday morning. It was a call from Phoenix and one I had to take so my e-fast was blown before I got out of bed. However, I did have two messages from Stilts and K-Black telling me that Indicator was pumping and since I already answered my phone........why not drive my car to surf the hill? When we fall, we fall hard. So I threw my board in the back of my car and drove to go surf and it was glorious. A beautiful day, a few friends out, nice waves and plenty of sunshine. I just decided to start my 24 hour cycle when I got home about 2 in the afternoon. It was nice to just read, nap and putter around in my garden. (I think I just described Jeff's ideal day) I found that it was really easy to stay off the computer, easy to not watch TV, but very hard not to put in a movie on Saturday night. I woke up Sunday morning feeling great and took a walk to check the surf. The surf was good and I left my car at home and walked down to surf Topaz. It was another nice day and at 2:00 that afternoon I turned on my phone to call a special someone for a very romantic Valentines Day that included a sunset walk on the beach (how cute). All in all it was a good experiment and it was much harder to go off the grid than I thought.

2 Comments:

At February 18, 2010 at 7:30 AM , Blogger Let Freedom Ring said...

Way to go. I am not sure I could do it BUT it would be a nice break!

Love ya, Susan

 
At February 20, 2010 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Tasha Riley said...

Man, I think if I lived by the beach I could unplug for a whole week and just stare at the waves. :) Just kidding, but it does make it easier!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home