Monday, October 27, 2008

Somebody's got a case of the Mondays

Hey folks, I have to say that today I was feeling a little bit down. I know, I know, Obama is up by eight points in the polls and we are only eight days away from the election. I just felt like I had a case of the Mondays. I was watching a live feed this morning on Fox awaiting governor Palin's speech when out bounced a beaming blond ray of sunshine to brighten my day. It was my favorite little conservative, Elizabeth Hasselbeck, sent out to warm-up the crowd! I almost dropped my bagel, I was so excited to see her! Unfortunately, it is frowned upon to turn on the T.V. to watch the View at ten a.m. at the old real estate office so I do not get too see as much of the fearsome five-some as I would like these days. (Just on the days my Dad is up in Mammoth) I had a big smile on my face as Elizabeth took the microphone amid a thunderous round of cheers and catcalls from the audience. She immediately launched into a harangue about how the fuss over the "frugal" you know "joe-sixpack" Palin spending $150,00 was just a SEXIST charge trumped up by the media. Now for little Elizabeth to charge that the focus on Palin's own imitation of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman spending $150,00 on Rodeo Drive while the economy craters is enough for me to spit bagel pieces all over my room. I wanted to tell Elizabeth that her entire career was due to SEXISM! She became famous on the television show Survivor for wearing tiny shorts and pulling up her T-shirt to show off her tan abs. She cleverly spent her time in front of the camera prancing around in a cut-off T-Shirt. Elizabeth left behind her lucrative career as a "shoe designer" (seriously) for the bright lights of Hollywood. She is famous, like so many women and men, for one thing, being attractive! Elizabeth complaining about sexism is like Paris Hilton complaining about the paparazzi. Or it's like Arnold complaining about racism against Austrian bodybuilders. Or it's like McCain complaining about using images of his P.O.W days. (see losing to the Huckster and he suddenly remembers an illiterate Vietnamese prison guard drawing a cross in the dirt) They all owe their careers to the very thing they now profess to be against. As I sat there watching my little goose-stepping blond I was struck with one thought, does Elizabeth have a political career in her future? You betcha!!

1 Comments:

At October 27, 2008 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

I am assuming that when you quote that "all politicians owe their careers to the very thing they now profess to be against" that you are talking about politicians from both sides................right??

With regard to Elisabeth Hasselbeck. There are very few people who could hold their own like she does being on stage with such extreme far left winger's. Why in Gods name she stays on there I have no idea. She doesn't need the money that's for sure. Call her what you want but name me one other talk show that has 3 or 4 Libs against one Conservative on a daily basis. Without Hasselbeck on that show, it would be toast in a New York second!! Love ya, Susan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home