Tuesday, November 4, 2008

In the words of Al Davis-"That's what I'm telling ya"

Live Blog from the Riley Compound

12:13 p.m. I get Erin on the phone who has been in touch with our Kennedy connection on the east coast and she is all smiles, Obama is up, and he is up Huge!

12:33 I get a haircut at Floyds and my barber, who is wearing a I voted sticker, notes my sticker and we proceed to discuss politics. I leave the barber shop looking sharp and leave my barber a 5 dollar tip. Guess who he voted for?

12:53 I get a call from Mike Jacobs. He is calling from the swing state of Colorado and informs me he is voting for McCain. He kept this one close to the vest and did not tell me who he was voting for until today. I congratulate him on his vote and tell him that I am proud of him.

1:07 I walk in to my Dad's office and tell him this election is in the bag. He is unsure and looks like a spooked badger. He asks me how I can be sure Obama will win and I smile and say, "that's what I'm telling ya."

4:04 I get home, turn on the t.v. and see Indiana is too close to call. Indiana? This is bad news for McCain, Obama will win in a landslide. Obama wins Vermont and McCain takes Kentucky. All the moonshine runners are happy.

4:30 North Carolina is too close to call. See ya McCain!

5:11 Pennsylvania goes to Obama!

5:15 Obama at 81 electoral votes-McCain at 39

5:21 Fox news goes live to Chicago where it is full of people and cheers, the McCain rally looks like a graveyard.

5:38 81% of Hillary supporters in Pennsylvania go for Obama! Once again McCains lunatic pick of Palin backfires in a state he had to win.

5:42 I predict that Rush/Hannity/Drudge will have sour-grapes over the win and will inflate and pump up the inevitable crime or problems that will arise from over a million people celebrating in Chicago.

5:44 Holy Smokes, Dole lost her Senate seat! I guess when you accuse your opponent of being "Godless" that just does not fly. Memo to Dole-this is 2008, not 1952!

5:51 Yes! Carville is on CNN. I love this guy I wish more political gurus were as classic as the
ragin cajin. If you ever get a chance you should watch, The War Room, the scenes with Carville are classic.

5:56 Why is Rove not on Fox News? Is it because he predicted an Obama win? Hmnnn....Is he at the buffet? Where is Rove?

6:19 Fox calls Ohio for Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6:28 A McCain worker is speaking of the McCain presidency in the past-tense. She goes on to call Palin a "home-run." You have got to be kidding me.

6:31 New Mexico is called for Obama. Let the landslide begin!

6:42 The McCain camp has pulled the news off the television set at their victory party

6:45 I call my brother and drink my first Red Stripe of the evening. It tastes so good!

6:57 Hang-up with Garrett as we were both reflecting Obama'a amazing life story. He came from nothing, had a life worse than Nixon or Clinton as a boy, and has now become President of the United States. Amazing indeed

7:08 Chris Shays goes down and now New England does not have one Republican in Congress. Matthews said the Palin type of Republican is now the face of the Republican party and thus New England is lost.

7:13 On NBC Tim Russert's son is reporting on the youth vote and the increases that Obama brought out.

7:17 A rumor is spreading that Oprah is out in the crowd in Chicago! Holy geez, Oprah!

7:25 Reports of Robocalls going out in the Cuban community in Florida saying Castro has endorsed Obama. Just sad.......

7:43 Obama wins Virgina!

7:46 If Dr. Phil shows up I just might puke from happiness.

8:00 Holy Cow!! NBC just called it for President Obama! I am tearing up I am so proud of my country! History has just been made!

8:07 Time to crack a beer!

8:14 Colorado goes for Obama! And Florida! It is a landslide!

8:18 McCain concedes and gives a great speech.

8:42 Jason returns home from work and wants to get a beer to celebrate the election. I reluctantly tell him I will be staying in the bunker but assure him that we are well supplied.

8:56 I still can't believe it! Obama took the high road and won!

9:00 Obama takes the stage with his family! He is calm, cool, collected and totally at ease.

9:26 Still in shock....can't really believe it!

3 Comments:

At November 4, 2008 at 10:02 PM , Blogger Garrett said...

It was a history making night....I still can't believe it...

Congrats to president elect Obama!

 
At November 4, 2008 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Grandma Dee said...

It was a 3-hanky night! How presidential Obama was when he spoke. To think of the effect that this will have on the world. We have finally proven that in America, no matter who you are, where you came from, what color your parents are, you can succeed if you really try. I am energized, excited, humbled and ready to serve. Just tell me what you want me to do. I hope it is to work on behalf of the U.S. Public Service Academy. Sandra Day O'Connor and many other notables have come out in support of this newly to be established national academy. The hope of our future leaders from police to nurses to congress to president.

A great day in history, Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Russert.

Sincerely,
Denise
A Proud and Patriotic American

 
At November 5, 2008 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Sandy said...

Congratulations to president elect Obama! This was a historic night and we should be proud to live in this wonderful country where everyone has an opportunity.
Love Sandy and Joe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home