Saturday, August 23, 2008

Obama-Biden

I am not really that excited about Biden as V.P. This might come as a shock to those of you in my family who are convinced that I am now an "extreme liberal" who has fallen in love with Obama. I reiterate my position, and contrary to what Garrett posted on his blog, I am not a Democrat. I am voting for Obama because I feel that he is the best candidate and will make the best decisions for our country. I gave Bush two chances and I feel that Obama will be a better President than McCain. O.K, so thoughts about Biden: My view on Biden has been for sometime that he is just a typical loudmouth blowhard politician. He has been in Washington for over thirty years and loves to hear himself talk. So what does Biden bring to the table?
The positives:
1. Foreign policy experience
2. Intelligence
3. Legislative experience on the hill
4. Will attack McCain like a starved pit bull
5. Loves to throw elbows
6. Excellent debater
The Negatives:
1. Reinforces the idea that Obama lacks experience and needs a "wise old sage" to whisper in his ear, like Cheney with Bush
2. Hard to run as a change candidate with Biden
3. Called Obama a "clean black candidate"
4. Political blowhard
5. Not inspirational

It will be very interesting to see who McCain (72 yrs old) will pick to be his V.P. because if he wins there is an excellent chance his V.P. pick will be President. Does it bother anyone that the man did not know how many homes he owns?

Side note:
I was in Midland Texas this past week and stayed less than a block away from W's boyhood home. As a history buff I wanted to visit the home but we did not have time. The lady who drove our cab said when I asked her about W's home said, "yeah he lived their, yeah he is the President, whope-de-do!" Than she went back to eating funyones and smoking marlboro reds.

3 Comments:

At August 23, 2008 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Garrett said...

Please accept my humblest apologies on behalf of the grabbagar blog. (:

 
At August 25, 2008 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

Biden, very surprising pick indeed. I think had Obama picked a women V.P. (other that HRC) he would have made a bigger splash. I think the door is now wide open for McCain to make a HUGE splash by picking a women for his V.P. In my opinion it would be a great political and strategic move on McCains part. Perhaps Kay Bailey Hutchinson. Time will tell.
love ya, Susan

 
At August 28, 2008 at 11:57 PM , Blogger Grandma Dee said...

I originally was with you, Matt. I also thought he was a blowhard. However, the more I have heard about him and read about him, the more I admire him. I love his devotion to his wife and family. He has his priorities in the right place. I believe that his family values are consistent with Obama's. I can appreciate how he puts family first. That reminds me of your dad. So few people have a dad like him or like your dad. Your dad once told me that he would never have changed his life to have worked more or longer hours, even if it meant he was more successful or made more money. His priority was to be home every night by 6pm or by whenever yours or Garrett's games started. I believe that knowing his place as a good and loving dad gave him more inspiration and courage to work harder at his job and at his career as a DAD. I think that Biden shows men and families that to be good at your job, you have to know why you are doing it. Not for the money, but for the opportunities and to serve others. Let's hope that the team wins. Love, Denise

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home